12 Good Ol" Facts About "The Dukes Of Hazzard"




When I was a kid I wanted to grow up in Hazzard County. Why? Mainly because I wanted to drive the General Lee off of huge jumps and get into epic car races with my cousin while trying to protect my Uncle Jesse’s farm. If you haven’t clued in yet, I basically thought I was one of the boys on The Dukes Of Hazzard. That show was awesome on so many levels. From the theme song to the hilarity that was Boss Hog and Sheriff Rosco Coltrane, The Dukes of Hazzard was definitely one of the best shows of the ’80s. 


Here are some fun facts to take us back. 











1. The car got more fan mail than the actors.


That’s right, the General Lee got up to 35,000 fan letters a month!




2. Some of those stunts were actually done by a miniature car.


They couldn’t risk damaging the model car so they often just zoomed in on a miniature version of it. 











3. The whole hood slide thing was an accident.


Actor Tom Wopat, who played Luke Duke, said that his now trademark hood slide was incidental and that the first time he did it the antenna of the car injured him. 




That move has now become a staple in action films and popular culture as a whole.



Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

16 Times Getting Drunk Really Paid Off

Can Your Ex Tell The Difference Between Adele Lyrics And Drunk Texts? This Girl Found Out!

19 Things You Won"t Believe You Didn"t Know