11 Unexpected Uses For Kool-Aid Besides Drinking It




Kool-Aid is a drink from my childhood that I will never forget. It was a real treat when my mom would whip up a pitcher of Kool-Aid. We didn’t get it a lot, but when we did it was great! Now that I am a mom, I have to admit that I actually never buy the stuff. It is not because I care either way if my kids have it, I just don’t ever think about it. I may have to consider picking up a few packs, though. There are actually so many other ways you can use Kool-Aid. Around the home, arts and crafts — even for baking (make sure you check out #10 — your sweet tooth will thank you). 


Take a look at this list of alternative ways to use Kool-Aid and let me know in the comments if you have any of your own Kool-Aid hacks. 











1. Clean your toilet 


Pour a packet or lemon or orange flavored Kool-Aid into your toilet bowl and scrub away the stains with a toilet brush. Let it sit overnight. The acid in the drink mix will clean away tough stains and buildup. This is good if you don’t have the best water conditions. Plus, citrus Kool-Aid smells a whole lot better than chemical cleaning solutions!




2. Use it as a dye 


How pretty is this white yarn with a little bit of dip dye?  











3. You can dye wood, too. 


This will save you from having to buy those expensive colored clothespins from the craft store. 




4. Remove buildup inside your washing machine 


Run 1/4 cup lemon or orange Kool-Aid in a regular wash cycle (without clothes) and repeat as needed. The citric acid in the Kool-Aid will help to break down the buildup in your washing machine.




There is another appliance that could benefit from a cycle of Kool-Aid…


Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

16 Times Getting Drunk Really Paid Off

Can Your Ex Tell The Difference Between Adele Lyrics And Drunk Texts? This Girl Found Out!

19 Things You Won"t Believe You Didn"t Know