Make A Big, Comfy Rug At Home




Holy cow, it got cold quickly! Every morning I wake up and my toes are like ice. Brrr! Even the dogs are under the covers with me! Even worse, though, is that with a house that’s 80% hardwood, I have to brave the cold floors just to make it to the kitchen to let the puppers outside. I really need to invest in some more rugs throughout the house.


Of course, area rugs aren’t cheap, and those that are tend to be limited to boring patterns. And there’s no way you’re going to get a plush, ultra-warm rug at those price points. So I’ve decided to make my own! I particularly love this project! 


Supplies: 


  • Multi-use netting

  • Cotton piping

  • Small rubber bands (or cotton string)

  • Scissors

  • Patience… and maybe a Netflix show to binge-watch










1. Size things up.


First, you’ll need to determine how big you want your rug to be and cut your netting to size. For larger rugs, cut multiple sections of the net, and they will be attached together later. 




2. Get comfy.


While easy, this is not a quick project. Luckily it’s perfectly doable while sitting on the couch and catching up on those Netflix originals.











3. Cut up the cotton piping


Spend the first portion of that Orange is the New Black marathon cutting up your cotton piping into roughly 4-inch pieces. Spend the second portion collecting every piece your dog/cat/ferret/children have littered throughout the house.




Now that you’re armed with all your bits of cotton piping, time to learn the rug-making process!


Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

16 Times Getting Drunk Really Paid Off

Can Your Ex Tell The Difference Between Adele Lyrics And Drunk Texts? This Girl Found Out!

19 Things You Won"t Believe You Didn"t Know