15 Total Nightmare Stephen King Facts




When you think of stories that are nightmare fuel, there is only one name that comes to mind: Stephen King.


I mean, there are a bunch more but millennials only speak in absolutes. 


King has penned It, The Shining, Carrie, The Dark Tower, Cujo, and The Green Mile to name a few. Just having his name attached to something instantly brings it up to a 10.


But what made the man he is now?











1. He saw his friend get struck and KILLED by a train when he was just a kid.


No one’s brain could be normal after that…




2. He had some SERIOUS drug addictions and alcoholism problems throughout the ’80s.


He started getting help after his family showed him all the Xanax, cocaine, beer cans and Valium in the trash. He’s been sober ever since.











3. He’s LEGITIMATELY terrified of the number 13.


He suffers from triskaidekaphobia and has said, “The number 13 never fails to trace that old icy finger up and down my spine. When I’m writing, I’ll never stop work if the page number is 13 or a multiple of 13; I’ll just keep on typing till I get to a safe number. I always take the last two steps on my back stairs as one, making 13 into 12.”




4. In 1999, he was hit and NEARLY KILLED by a van close to his house. He bought that van for $1,500 and WAILED on it with a baseball bat. 


He suffered from a collapsed lung, a broken hip, a gash to the head and a leg broken in nine places. His nurses were told to NEVER make Misery jokes.

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

16 Times Getting Drunk Really Paid Off

Can Your Ex Tell The Difference Between Adele Lyrics And Drunk Texts? This Girl Found Out!

19 Things You Won"t Believe You Didn"t Know