It was just another day in suburbia for Imgur user GeneralZodsChicken when his son came inside to tell him cops were there. Police officers in the neighborhood were nothing to get worked up about, but three squad cars turned to five, and before he knew it, GeneralZodsChicken had SWAT officers armed with sniper rifles asking to use his living room for their vantage point.
Put in the same situation, most people would have freaked out and taken the kids to grandma’s, but not this guy. No, this guy was calm — like World Series Jake Arrieta calm. He sat back, let the sniper team do its thing, and narrated the entire event.
In the interest of maintaining the integrity of his story, I thought I’d let GeneralZodsChicken tell the whole thing. Enjoy!
Once upon a time
“Ok, story time. My eldest is outside with his friend when he pops his head inside to let me know there are 3 cop cars at the end of our street. I think no big deal. Pulled over a speeder, quiet day, they’re bored so congregate for something to do. Then I get updated there are 5 cars and dogs. That’s not a speeding ticket response. I go out and now there are 7 vehicles, cops in riot gear, dogs (Belgian Malinois, of course), assault rifles visible, and the nearest officer tells us all to get inside. No problem there. I text the wife who has the other 2 kids with her, and tell her to stay clear for a while.”Doing the rounds
“This was out my front window.”They’re everywhere
“This was out of my side window. Same cherry tree, but the officer from (the second photo) has back up now. I am of course texting with my neighbor about the whole thing when I get a knock on the back door to the patio…”Now we’re talkin’
“A very tall officer asks to come in and gives me an update on what’s going down.Evidently some guy in the house across the street is threatening people with a crossbow and may be looking for suicide-by-cop. Now, this house I know, so I’m not too surprised. The mom is nice enough, but her kids are all a train wreck. Stereotypical white-trash, if you will.Said officer then asks to look out my front window. He comes back and says it is a perfect vantage/cover point for snipers and would I give permission for them to set up in my house? This way they can try to ensure no one else is harmed if things go south.I grant permission and am thanked profusely as this will give the most protection to the sniper team. (Evidently others refuse these requests because they either don’t like police or don’t want to be involved.)”
This story only gets better…
Commenti
Posta un commento