Mom Saying Goodbye To First Child Before Birthing Second Is Everything




I still remember this moment. It is a moment I will never forget. My daughter was five and, as I stood there in the doorway of my in-laws, I couldn’t let go of her hand. My husband was pulling at me telling me it was time to go — time to go and have our second child. Due to complications during labor with my daughter, my OB had advised that I have a scheduled C-section for my second child, which I was totally fine with. During my entire pregnancy with my second, the thought had never crossed my mind that my daughter wasn’t going to be my only baby anymore — that is up until the moment I had to leave her to go to the hospital. I didn’t want to leave her. I wanted to hold onto that moment for as long as I could. This is a feeling I will never forget.











Having another baby is always exciting, but it is hard to forget that your first child will no longer be your only child.


This change can be quite emotional for most mothers. 




For myself, I was excited and overjoyed and couldn’t wait to welcome the newest member to our family…


But on the inside, my heart was breaking. I had so much love in my heart for my daughter. Would I be able to share that love with another child? When I was hugging my daughter before heading to the hospital to give birth, I didn’t want to let go — ever.











Laura Paulescu, who is an Oregon-based birth photographer, captured this feeling perfectly in the emotional image below.


This photo, which can be seen on her Instagram page, is quickly going viral for the feelings that it is invoking in mothers everywhere. Laura clearly has a talent for capturing touching moments during birth and this photo proves that. 




She also captures the touching moments between new siblings.


A moment that, for me, took away any pain in my heart about “leaving” my daughter behind. 

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

16 Times Getting Drunk Really Paid Off

Can Your Ex Tell The Difference Between Adele Lyrics And Drunk Texts? This Girl Found Out!

19 Things You Won"t Believe You Didn"t Know