Model Shows Stomach Rolls To Prove There"s No Perfect Body
Candice Huffine is no stranger to the unrealistic expectations society pushes on us when it comes to ideal body shapes and sizes. The 32-year-old plus-size model from Maryland has been a part of the industry for most of her life. She started off in beauty pageants when she was just a baby, and then signed her first modeling contract when she was a teenager — an experience that introduced her to the hard reality of rejection: “A few places wanted me to lose weight, and I was like, ‘Oh, okay, maybe that’s common?’ I was a size six, so I thought I was hot stuff.”
Huffine and her mother met with a dozen agencies during their first trip to New York, and all but one rejected them.

“When I finally was handed a contract, the stipulation was that [they’re] signing me under [their] plus board, and I never looked back.”

And while most girls her age would have viewed the idea of being labelled “plus-size” as a bad thing, Huffine was grateful for it.

“I don’t want to make it sound like the slim girls live a terrible life. They don’t. For me, personally, if my body wasn’t meant to be that way and I had to struggle with that for many years, I would be a wreck.”

Commenti
Posta un commento